Table Of Contents
The Surface custom application project produces output like that shown below. Its main features are:
- Makes a 3D surface graph with x-oriented colored grid lines. The graph can be rotated and animated.
- Programmed for the Mac, can be converted to iOS with minimal code changes.
- Shows how to load a Document using a ContainerView without any programming.
- Shows how to register a graphic (its PerspectiveGraph state) so that the program can directly work with it, in this case permit a slider to rotate the graph. This feature is applicable to any graphic state on the document.
The fastest way to write a custom application is to download the Surface example project, compile it and modify it for your needs. Surface resources are available from these links:
|Surface.zip||The compressed Surface project located on your disk within this manual.
|Surface.zip||The compressed Surface project located at the vvidget.org web site.
|Xcode||The Xcode application on the Mac App Store.
When making the Xcode project follow the steps in the Plugin section, but with these important distinctions:
The Surface.zip project is already setup with the proper references and build phases so that might be a good starting point.
- When making a new project choose Cocoa Application.
- Make a new Add Copy Files Build Phase with Destination Frameworks and drag the Vvidget framework references from the project navigator to the Copy Files build phase list.